AmazonLocal’s iOS app is live!
The redesigned version of AmazonLocal’s iOS app is live on the app store! Why is this a big deal? Well, in addition to providing iOS users with a place to view, purchase, and organize deal vouchers, the app has been completely re-designed with a cleaner look and a new splash screen. The splash image was shot by me, with the help of several brave AmazonLocal volunteers that were willing to show up at 6 AM on a chilly Seattle morning. (here’s a quick writeup on AppAdvice)
Kudos to Sara Thompson (seated, in blue) for the redesign work, Veronica Velasco for providing on-set support and talent wrangling, and all our models for volunteering to help us out.
- Map the location for your deals and get driving directions
- Quickly mark deals as used and see your unused deals
- Decide whether you’d like to receive emails or push notifications or both for your cities
- Call AmazonLocal or the merchant with one click on a smartphone
- Lock the app with a passcode for added security
- Share deals with your friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS